Welcome to HarborCenter's Buffalo Elite Hockey League (BEHL), Western New York's developmental spring hockey league is back and better than ever.
Spring BEHL (2008, 2009, 2010)
- 8 game season + playoffs
- All players with experience are accepted
- League play begins end of March
- Experienced Coaches
- Space is limited, players must register online
- Standings and player statistics
- 5 on 5 hockey
- Unique 1:30 shift system, designed to push the pace
- Team rosters include 15 skaters and 2 goalies
- BEHL branded jersey, socks and exclusive league t-shirt included
- All games are Friday's with the possibility of Sunday's
- All games played at HarborCenter
- Player placement skate takes place in mid-March
Cost: $160.00, $80.00 for goalies
1. Playing Area
3. Types of Penalties
4. Game Flow
5. Game Value/Standings
7. Golden Rule
1. When does the league start/end?
The Spring BEHL will accept applications in December, a March placement day will place players on teams, and play begins in March. The playoffs conclude the last weekend of May.
2. How much is the league and what does it include?
The Spring BEHL is $160 for skaters and $80 for goalies. This includes 8 game days plus playoffs, high-level coaches, t-shirt, jersey and socks.
3. Are all games at HarborCenter?
Yes. All games are at HarborCenter and will mostly be on Friday. Some Saturdays and Sundays might be on your schedule.
4. Is parking free?
Yes, parking for players is included in your league fee.
5. How many teams are in each division?
We will have a maximum of 8 teams in the Spring BEHL division.
6. Who picks the teams?
BEHL staff, coaches and scouts are responsible for accepting applications and dividing up teams. The BEHL is a Rinks @ HarborCenter program.
7. What equipment do I need?
Full equipment including mouth guards and face masks are required for every level.
8. How long will it take to find out if my application has been accepted?
Applications will only be accepted with full payment.
9. Once my application is accepted, am I in the league?
Yes, once you have been accepted and have paid your tuition, you will be placed in the player pool and be asked to participate in the placement skate.
10. What if I BEHL is sold out?
Players will be placed on a waitlist and will be offered spots as they become available.
11. What is the placement format?
Each accepted player will participate in a one-hour skate. The purpose of the skate is to ensure that the league is structured to be as competitive as possible.
12. What are the placement dates?
Monday, March 20th.
13. What if I can’t make the placement skate?
If you can’t make the placement skate it does not mean that you can not play in the BEHL. We strongly encourage everyone to attend the BEHL placement skate so we can best place you in the league.
14. Can I pick what team I play on?
No. Teams will be picked by the BEHL coaches, scouts and staff. Family members will be placed on the same team for transportation purposes.
15. Can I submit a team?
No. The application process is for individuals only.
16. Who are the coaches?
The BEHL coaches are high level coaches and players with experience at the Jr. A, NCAA and Professional level.
17. When will the schedule be out?
Dates are already available online, and game-times will be posted shortly.
18. How many games will we play a week?
A typical week will have one game day. Bye weeks are worked into the schedule. Major events like USA Hockey regionals, state and national tryouts will be blacked out at each level to ensure minimal conflicts.
19. Will there be practices?
There will not be practices. We recommend everyone take advantage of Academy of Hockey Spring Programming
20. Are standings and stats posted?
Yes, standings and basic player stats will be available online.
21. What if I miss a game or two?
The Spring BEHL price-point makes it easy to miss a few skates because of conflicts. The rate will not change based on how many skates you can make.
22. I am goalie, but I don't have equipment, what do I do?
We have a limited amount of goalie equipment for players to use, but we recommend goalies having their own equipment
23. What is the Spring BEHL and the level of play?
The Spring BEHL is for 2008, 2009 and 2010 boys and girls who have previous hockey experience. The league is not intended for first-time hockey players.