Welcome to HarborCenter's Buffalo Elite Hockey League (BEHL), Western New York's premier summer developmental hockey league for AAA and AA travel players. The league includes an 8 game season and playoffs running from June-August.
Summer BEHL divisions:
7U BEHL (2010-2011)
9U BEHL (2008-2009)
11U BEHL (2006-2007) GOALIES SOLD OUT
13U BEHL (2004-2005)
- 7U 3/4 Ice 5 on 5 hockey with unique 1:30 shift system
- 9U, 11U, 13U Full Ice 5 on 5 hockey with unique 1:15 shift system
- All players are required to apply/register
- Standings and basic player statistics
- Team rosters include 16 skaters and 2 goalies
- Coaches with Junior, NCAA and professional experience
- BEHL branded jersey, socks and exclusive league t-shirt included
- All games are Sunday's with 1 Saturday
- All games played at HarborCenter
Cost for Skater is $185 and goalies are $100
Welcome to HarborCenter's Buffalo Elite Hockey League (BEHL) developmental summer hockey league. The BEHL is back and better than ever.
Step 1 - Registration
Registration is posted below. You will receive confirmation and more information by May 1st.
Step 2 - Player Evaluation
A player evaluation skate is scheduled at each level to ensure accepted player placement. Evaluation dates are posted below.
Step 3 - Team Information
After the evaluation skate, you will receive all league information including schedule, coaches name and jersey number.
Step 4 - Puck Drop
Games begin in June and conclude in August.
1. Playing Area
Protective netting, wall, glass and ceiling are all considered “in play”.
The league is made up of three divisions.
3. Game Flow
5. Types of Penalties
6. FIRST 25:00 of 30:00 game.
7. Game Flow last 5:00 minutes.
8. Game Value/Standings
10. Golden Rule
1. Playing Area
3. Types of Penalties
4. Game Flow
5. Game Value/Standings
7. Golden Rule
1. When does the league start/end?
Applications will be accepted in January, a May placement skate will place players on teams, and play begins in June. The playoffs conclude in August.
2. How much is the league and what does it include?
BEHL is $185 for skaters and $100 for goalies. The league includes 8 game days plus playoffs, high-level coaches, t-shirt, jersey and socks.
3. Are all games at HarborCenter?
Yes. All games are at HarborCenter on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
4. Is parking free?
Yes, parking for players is included in your league fee.
6. Who picks the teams?
BEHL staff, coaches and scouts are responsible for accepting applications and dividing up teams. The BEHL is a Rinks @ HarborCenter program.
7. What equipment do I need?
Full equipment including mouth guards and face masks are required for every level.
8. How long will it take to find out if my application has been accepted?
You will be notified shortly after you apply about your application status. Initial invitations to applicants will be emailed around April 10th. After April 10th, the league will have rolling enrollment.
9. If my application is accepted, am I in the league?
If you have been accepted and have paid your registration fee, you will be placed in the player pool and be asked to participate in the evaluation skate.
10. What if I am not accepted right away?
Players will be placed on a waitlist and will be offered spots as they become available.
11. What is the evaluation format?
Each accepted player will participate in a one-hour skate. The purpose of the skate is to ensure that the league is structured to be as competitive as possible.
12. What if I can’t make the placement skate?
If you can’t make the placement skate it does not mean that you can not play in the BEHL. We strongly encourage everyone to attend the BEHL placement skate so we can best place you in the league.
13. Who are the evaluators for applications?
The evaluators for applications will be the BEHL coaches, scouts, and staff. A list of committed coaches and staff click will be posted soon.
14. Can I pick what team I play on?
No. Teams will be picked by the BEHL coaches, scouts and staff. Family members will be placed on the same team for transportation purposes.
15. Can I submit a team?
No. The application process is for individuals only.
16. Who are the coaches?
The BEHL coaches are high level coaches and players with experience at the Jr. A, NCAA and Professional level.
18. When will the schedule be out?
Dates are already available online, and game-times will be posted shortly.
19. How many games will we play a week?
A typical week will have one game day. Bye weeks are worked into the schedule. Major events like USA Hockey regionals, state and national tryouts will be blacked out at each level to ensure minimal conflicts.
20. Will there be practices?
There will not be practices.
21. Are standings and stats posted?
Yes, team, player, and goalie stats will be tracked and posted at harborcenter.com.
22. What if I miss a game or two?
The BEHL price point makes it easy to miss a few skates because of conflicts. The rate will not change based on how many skates you can make.
League Commissioner - Sean Wallace
VP/Director of Hockey - Nik Fattey
Assistant Director of Hockey - Chris Ciamaga
Director of Hockey Technology - Ryan Vinz
Program Coordinator - Caroline Bristol